Just in case your friend played a prank on you by changing the language of your chrome browser or maybe some extension which you have just installed messed up with the settings and changed the default language, don’t get panicked if you have a MAC or Linux because the language of chrome browser will depend upon the system language.
Or maybe if you understand more than one language and want to know how to change the language in the Chrome browser, then continue reading and follow the given steps. But first, you should know about the results and consequences that happen when you change or alter the default language of Chrome Browser.
In this article, we will tell you all about changing languages in Chrome Browser, its results and the need to change the languages.
What will happen to your Chrome browser when you change the language?
Switching languages in chrome browser will make all the toolbars, menu items, and other interfaces appear in the language that you have selected which makes it a very big problem if you do not know the altered language. However, you can always revert back the changes at any time.
How to change the Language in chrome?
In order to change the default language in your Chrome browser, just follow the steps.
- Go to the settings section of your Chrome browser by clicking on the three vertical dots at the top right corner of your browser. A drop-down menu will appear as soon as you select it. You can also go to settings by typing this in the URL field (usually below the title bar) “chrome://settings/” of your chrome browser.
- Scroll down a bit to the bottom and you will see advanced settings. You have to click on that option which further takes you to the Advanced Browser Settings.
- Now, search for the Languages option which is usually halfway down the Advanced settings options.
- You can also use the browser’s search feature to jump to the language settings directly.
- Now select your desired language. If your language is not listed, click on add languages to enter the language of your choice.
- When you click on Add language, a search bar will appear, then all you have to do is type in the name of the language that you want to add to your list.
- Now the language will be added to your list and then you have to click on the three vertical dots next to it and select the option “Display google chrome in this language”.
- Now an option of relaunch will appear, click on that option and chrome will restart. Then, your desired language will be set as the default language of your chrome browser. Note that the changes will take place only after you restart chrome browser.
In this way, you can change the language of all the web pages and sites that you frequently visit. Anytime you visit a site, there will be a small translate icon that will appear right next to the Bookmark option. The Translate option will let you read the web page in the language of your choice.
You can set almost any language as your desired language. To do so, just repeat the same steps that are provided above and you’re good to go.
Chrome browser lets you add and change languages with few clicks. If you have messed up with the browser’s language settings or if you want to know how to change the language in chrome browser, read this article and follow the steps to set your desired language and use it as the default language for your browser.
- Edraw Max Coupon Code – 41% OFF Discount – September 2020 - Sep 1, 2020
- What is My Screen Resolution - Sep 1, 2020
- OptinMonster Review: Lead Generation Plugin For All - Sep 1, 2020